Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Protecting your car

Protecting your car
    Soon, March/April my car will be ready for delivery.
    Did anybody do full paint protection like Xpel, 3M, or Suntek?
    Any preferences?

I used XPEL ultimate and covered every inch of the exposed car. Did this on my Anniversary Aventador Roadster and my i8 as well. solid product. Find a good installer. Where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaM3 View Post
    I used XPEL ultimate and covered every inch of the exposed car. Did this on my Anniversary Aventador Roadster and my i8 as well. solid product. Find a good installer. Where are you from?
    Thanks DoctaM3, as per your recommendations (long time ago, on the other forum) I already contacted Detailed Dynamics.
    They know you of course, and they use Xpel, I'm happy.
    Made an appointment already, hopefully Italians wont be late with the delivery

I had Lambo Palm Beach just do the main bits in film, which I think was Xpel. I may send it up to DD if I order some parts for it and also have them redo the whole car in film...
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Is anyone without film noticing stone chips on the rear forward facing quarter panels?

Protecting your car-fender-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    Is anyone without film noticing stone chips on the rear forward facing quarter panels?

My question is: Why someone that got a Huracan would NOT cover all his car in protection film?

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post

This is common with Lambos. Simply because when the car is at speed, the front tires are kicking up rocks that are hitting the wider rear panels. If the rears were just as narrow as the front, you wouldn't notice it as much. I would still do full Xpel coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    My question is: Why someone that got a Huracan would NOT cover all his car in protection film?
    Because ITS JUST A CAR. People go overboard with the film IMO. Hopefully that answers your question. Rather just do where it's needed.

I agree. I have covered my entire car, both Aventador and Huracan for this very reason. Sticky tires and high impact spots on roads these days that seemingly are never cleaned by cities makes protection a MUST. I use XPEL Ultimate. Great stuff, self-healing. Works wonders.

Did the same with Xpel Ultimate.

Dave
    '16 GT4
    '15 LP610-4
    2014 R8 V10
    2012 TTRS
    2010 GTR
    2010 GT3
    2009 turbo
    2007 turbo
    etc...