front bumper clear bra pattern for LP580-2

front bumper clear bra pattern for LP580-2
    hi, just got a LP580-2 and my suntek guy was able to do the full frunk, qt panels and rockers but he couldn't do the front bumper noting that even though he clicked LP580-2 on the suntek computer for his plotter to cut, it actually was same pattern as for the LP610-4 and he 's stuck...

The xpel people have a cut out for the 580-2 but they won't allow him to cut the suntek on their/his plotter/cutter....

they offered him a 3m cut out for my 580-2 but I told him, I want all suntek...

have you guys had any issues ?

Mine had the clear bra on it when I bought it new from the dealership. It's the only thing on the car that I'm not happy with. I'm not a big fan of the clear bra in general and I do not believe they did a great job installing it on my car. However, I have no point of reference because I've never had one on my car before. Hopefully it does it's job. It looks decent on the fenders, hood and mirrors but the front facia is not great.

clear bra vs. clear wrap

Quote Originally Posted by Chainless View Post
    Mine had the clear bra on it when I bought it new from the dealership. It's the only thing on the car that I'm not happy with. I'm not a big fan of the clear bra in general and I do not believe they did a great job installing it on my car. However, I have no point of reference because I've never had one on my car before. Hopefully it does it's job. It looks decent on the fenders, hood and mirrors but the front facia is not great.

yeah, I got it done and seems ok but I wish I had done a clear WRAP instead so that it has no gaps and cuts where stone chips can still occur, esp. on the fender lips...

the cut out pattern did not account for that...I think if they use a wrapping technique, it forces them to cover every visible part of the car; hence really protecting the car.... next time, on my other car, I'm gonna look for a clear wrap, not the clear bra stuff....

jim R

^^ Good point. The bra is easy and cheap looking vs the wrap. And the wrap is much better looking.

I think a clear "bra" can be installed extremely well, and look just as good as a clear wrap? My XPel installer wrapped around every single edge that he could, and even on close, close inspection, you can't tell it's there? Certainly, you can get a clear bra install that looks like arse, especially when they use the pre-cut templates that don't wrap around the edges. My installer has the ability to extend the patters' edges on the templates in the XPel program, so that he can wrap the edges around the edges of the body panels, just as one would with a vinyl wrap. It's more time consuming, but the result is phenomenal!

Anima sana in corpore sano