Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Protecting your car
    doltmo, i would definately explore more options before jumping to XPEL, not sure about USA but in Europe it's really not that appreciated.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

Here in the states guys swear by XPEL. It's really the only good film.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

I only have a 3M clear bra on my H, no problems so far. The XPEL film turns yellow after a summer of sun exposure. If you do not have a yellow car, i would not recommend it. Worse is visible on white cars.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

I did the full Xpel wrap on my car. Very recently got a front hit with a rather large rock which did go through the Xpel material, but it didn't touch the original paint.
    Would someone explain to me how would I achieve the same level of protection with a thin ceramic stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Would someone explain to me how would I achieve the same level of protection with a thin ceramic stuff?
    Even if its a thin layer the ceramic is much tougher than plastic. @LP610NJ , how do you like your ceramic protection on your Range?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Even if its a thin layer the ceramic is much tougher than plastic. @LP610NJ , how do you like your ceramic protection on your Range?

I love it. It's basically a permanent wax. All the water rolls off and dirt hardly sticks and what does can be blasted off with a power washer.

Mark, basically what they do is spray this Stuff onto the paint in layers. I have 9 layers on my Range Rover. So the 9 layers sits on top of the paint and acts as essentially another layer of clear coat in addition to the clear coat already on the car. It also makes the car shine like no other. They applied it to everything on mine (wheels,glass, paint) they can even do the interior. Mark for you I think the closet guy that does it is the one I went to. Auto Obsession Detailing in NJ. Ask for Nick and tell him Matt with the Range Rover sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

My Huracan is not here yet, but planning on doing the clear bra covered by ceramic coating as in this video. Clear bra is self healing. Ceramic coating sheets water and easier to maintain. Do not need to wax.

https://youtu.be/Zh-dtqZwP_s

Also, The detailer in the above video uses both Suntek and Xpel ultimate. He believes the Suntek give a more true color and does not yellow as much. I have looked at both and the Suntek film does look more clear. Also has self healing properties. Planning on going with Suntek instead of Xpel.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvSpeed View Post
    Also, The detailer in the above video uses both Suntek and Xpel ultimate. He believes the Suntek give a more true color and does not yellow as much. I have looked at both and the Suntek film does look more clear. Also has self healing properties. Planning on going with Suntek instead of Xpel.
    It's the right call, Klauss showed me how the xpel looks like after two years, it's becoming yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    It's the right call, Klauss showed me how the xpel looks like after two years, it's becoming yellow.

Wow, that is very disturbing news. I guess I'm lucky to have a yellow car to be wrapped in it.
    Regardless can you, or Klauss post any pictures of before/after fiasco ?