Speedometer Calibration

Speedometer Calibration
    Was on track today and noticed a huge variance between the indicated speed and what my Qstarz GPS as well as my Dashcam registered.
    Speedo showed over 160 MPH, GPS shows ~146-148 MPH.
    Running factory wheels and tires and even if I weren't, >10% difference is huge.

I googled a post on Gallardos having 10% variance as normal/within spec, but this is kinda off putting for me. Any way to calibrate the reading on our cars?

I've not heard of any way to calibrate the speed display.

I measured by car at freeway speeds (70 Mph) and I came up with an error between 5 and 6% fast with OEM wheels and tires. I've included this on my software fix "wish list" that I sent to the factory, but I'm not holding my breath that it will be addressed.

The real shame is that with the digital speed readout, there's absolutely no reason why this can't be fixed in the software. It's not like they've got to drive a motor to turn a needle (like in the Gallardo).

How worn are the tires already ? The mor worn the tires the less way the car travels with each revolution. The speedo signal is taken from the tranny. My GPS shows just about 5% less real speed compared to the speedo with just 1k mls old tires. But it should not be more than 10% for sure.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

The percentage of variance seems to slightly increase with speed, same on the past G's

Does this affect all Huracans? I've started to notice just this week that the speedo is showing far higher numbers than multiple GPS readings (around 8% higher). That means the mileage of the car is also higher than what it should be right?

Interesting I also feel I am going slower that what the display shows.

Seems like a game plan from HQ to make us think we are all speed demons! Poorly played for sure.