Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

580-2 Huracan Fan issue

580-2 Huracan Fan issue
    Hi!

Recently purchased a 580-2 H.

Usually in my other cars, when I drive home and the car is hot, when I shut off the eingine, the fan would kick in to help cool it down!

When I use my H, I notice the fan is ON while I am pulling into my garage, when I shut off the engine, the fan goes off too... so my garage would be as hot as an oven!

Is this a thing with lambos, that the fan doesn't turn on once the car is off..... or do I need to get this checked out?

Thanks!

I don't understand why people question every little thing. Of course that's how it behaves. It's not a McLaren after all.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    I don't understand why people question every little thing. Of course that's how it behaves. It's not a McLaren after all.
    I'm not trying to question every little thing, but I have never had a car where the fan doesn't turn on to help cool down the car. My garage would end up VERY hot, which never happened with my other cars.

Seems like a reasonable question to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainless View Post
    Seems like a reasonable question to me.
    Yes! One I'd like answered

Quote Originally Posted by ZarkaLambo View Post
    Yes! One I'd like answered
    Sorry but I don't have an answer, maybe somebody else will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainless View Post
    Sorry but I don't have an answer, maybe somebody else will chime in.
    yeah, I agree...I just got a 580-2 as well and it is HOT in the back.... I put in a fabspeed and wrapped it; still hot as HELL back there....
    I get the car in the garage and I put one of those air mover fans behind the car and lift the bonnet open when I get home; run it for 2hrs and let it shut off... I'm sure lambo designed and tested their cars but still....

btw, I'm in Redlands.... u r in corona...let's get together sometime...we need to do an IE C&C...
    get me on IM/PM me here.... tell you about my first CHP encounter this past weekend.... not good... lol

james
    '16 H 580-2, white, fabspeed
    Redlands, CA

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    I'm with you on this one. Lambo was tested in extreme hot/cold conditions and I'm sure they calibrated the sensors accordingly.

The only question unanswered (to me) is why the rear mirror in not in hexagonal shape!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZarkaLambo View Post
    I'm not trying to question every little thing, but I have never had a car where the fan doesn't turn on to help cool down the car. My garage would end up VERY hot, which never happened with my other cars.
    Question: If the fan would work when the car sits in the garage will the heat not just stay in the garage as well ? You need to get the heat out of the garage regardless if the fan in the car runs or not.

The only car that does run the fan with the engine off is the Mini Cooper of my wife. None of my others car does or did left the fan on after shutting off.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    Question: If the fan would work when the car sits in the garage will the heat not just stay in the garage as well ? You need to get the heat out of the garage regardless if the fan in the car runs or not.

The only car that does run the fan with the engine off is the Mini Cooper of my wife. None of my others car does or did left the fan on after shutting off.
    Not really true, My Audi S8 does it and both of my previous CL600 and CL63 AMG did it too.