Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: oil change

oil change
    I've not looked into that yet. I change the oil every 5000 miles, so I don't rely on the built-in reminder. I still take the car in for the scheduled service (to keep the extended warranty valid), so the reminder function is reset at that time.

I changed oil on my r8 2 times myself. Now I'm in the Lambo so my question is,can I be able to get washers and oil filter at my local Audi dealer? Thanks
    Current rides:
    2016 LP610-4
    2014 Top Secret GTR heavy modded
    2014 Tundra tow rig

Yes, same part numbers.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

I've got all the tools, oil and filter. Do you have info on the needed crush washers (part numbers, sizes, and which of the 8 drain points have them) ) and the torque specs on all eight plugs?

I've not obtained new crush washers yet - I'm still reusing the ones on the car. Here are some measurements I took on the washers:

The two 8mm 12-point spline plugs in the rear oil line "U"s (#7 and #8) use a copper washer that is 15.6mm OD, 12.6mm ID, 1.15mm thick.

The T30 plugs in the block and transmission (#2, #3, and #5) had no crush washers, but if they had one it would be a 9mm ID with a max OD of 13.5mm.

The M12 spline plug on the bottom of the oil cooler (#6) uses an aluminum crush washer that is 13.7mm ID, 20.18mm OD, 1.4mm thick.

The copper washer under the 8mm hex plug on the engine (#1) measured 18.2mm ID, 22mm OD, 1.22mm thick.

The 13mm hex bolt plug on the engine (#4) used an aluminum crush washer that measured 14.18mm ID, 19.88mm OD, 1.33mm thick.

I have no data on the torque specs, yet. I make them "snug" without over-tightening.

Thanks for the info. Was going to mic all the crush washers myself.

Great info. Thank you.

I'd say you are all losers who are afraid to try to do that simple task.

I purchased my Huracan, brand new, for substantial amount of money, and yesterday I also purchased two screwdrivers. Philips #2 and hex #4 (I think) for total of $6.99 + tax.

And I'll be damned if I don't succeed with a simple oil change.

PS, should I purchase oil filter too?

wow awesome write up!!!! I just figured it's too much for me ...

I did the oil change on my 2015 610-4 coupe - additional info

First of all, I'd like to thank Doltmo for this post, since without it, I would not have done the oil change myself.

All of the info regarding the tools needed, sizes of the fasteners, drain plugs, locations, is correct.
    I got all of the tools needed, the correct oil & filter and proceeded.

I removed all three of the "under trays": front, rear, and the metal plate.

I wanted to see how much oil came from each drain plug location, and wanted to
    micrometer all the crush washers, just for my information. I am guessing that the dealer does NOT drain
    all 8 locations when they do an oil change, but I could be wrong. I wanted to see if certain locations drained
    so little oil that it really wouldn't be necessary to do them. I had suspected that just draining locations 1 and 8,
    (the main sump and the main oil tank) would be sufficient.

Here is what I found out:

(all 8 locations on my car had crush washers on the plugs. All crush washers were aluminum)

Location #1: (Main sump drain): Got about 1 quart of oil from this location. Crush washer size: 18mm inner, 22mm outer

Location #2: (another sump location): About 1 quart of oil. Crush washer size: 10mm inner, 14mm outer

Location #3: (another sump location): Just a few tablespoons of oil. Crush washer size: 10mm inner, 14mm outer

Location #4: (another sump location): About 1/2 pint of oil. Crush washer size: 14mm inner, 20mm outer

Location #5: (another sump location): About 3/4 quart of oil. Crush washer size: 10mm inner, 14mm outer

Location #6: (bottom of oil cooler): About a pint of oil. Crush washer size: 14mm inner, 20mm outer

Location #7: (upper oil line from oil tank) About 1/2 pint of oil. Crush washer size: 12.5mm inner, 16 mm outer

Location #8: (main oil tank drain) About 5 to 6 quarts of oil. Crush washer size: 12mm inner, 18mm outer