Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Washer fluid warning light is on

Washer fluid warning light is on
    Hello,

Does anyone have the same problem as mine?

I checked the washer fluid container which is full. I drive the Huracan on the circular ramp to get on the highway over 45 mph the washer fluid signal on the dashboard will turn on.

Thank you,

Wing

Yep I've had this happen! No idea why.

Saw it too first couple times i drove, never checked, hasnt come back.

I've seen it too - about 4 times now. Exact same scenario, accelerating in right hand turn. Fluid level is to the top - must be a bad sensor. I'm about due for my first service (7K+ miles) so I'll discuss the issue with my dealer's mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by doltmo View Post
    I've seen it too - about 4 times now. Exact same scenario, accelerating in right hand turn. Fluid level is to the top - must be a bad sensor. I'm about due for my first service (7K+ miles) so I'll discuss the issue with my dealer's mechanic.

Please let me know how it goes. I haven't fixed mine yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone have the same problem as mine?

I checked the washer fluid container which is full. I drive the Huracan on the circular ramp to get on the highway over 45 mph the washer fluid signal on the dashboard will turn on.

Thank you,

Wing
    Probably a defective sensor.

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com

Quote Originally Posted by doltmo View Post
    Have the same issue. Light stays on until you shut the car off. Level is at the top. Probably a bad sensor in mine as well

Quote Originally Posted by breakskeet View Post
    Have the same issue. Light stays on until you shut the car off. Level is at the top. Probably a bad sensor in mine as well
    This is really interesting if it happens to so many cars, it makes me believe that it could be an ECU glitch rather than a sensor.

Had my 9,000 mile service a few weeks ago. Got several FLASH updates, but the windshield washer warning light problem was not fixed. In fact, I can't tell what (if anything) was fixed in these updates.

Something like this is so, so very simple to fix in software - it just needs to sample the sensor every so often and not activate the low level light until the computer sees a consistent result for a length of time. This ignores any false reading that might occur during cornering and/or acceleration.

Not to mention that the computer should have access to accelerometer data, so it could easily reject measurements taken during high lateral G conditions.