Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vorsteiner Wing and Visibility
    The reason for the misalignment is the holes in the wing do not line up with the threaded holes in the upright. There is a shallow pocket on the top of the wing that receives the flange on the end of the upright. See attached pic. The fit of the upright flange into this pocket is tight and leaves no room for adjustment. You can see in the pic that they tried to elongate the holes at the factory but couldn't do it enough. So when the countersunk bolt head align with the countersunk holes on the bottom of the wing, the only way they can go in is to cause the upright to tilt out of the pocket on the top of the wing hence the upright not sitting flat on the deck lid. Vorsteiner confirmed this should not be the case and that the uprights should sit flat on the decklid. I asked if I should elongate the holes/countersink in the wing further but they said no as it would void the warranty. They said my only option is to go back to Wheels Boutique to coordinate getting a replacement. Wheels Boutique does not have these in stock and it is going to have to be shipped from Vorsteiner so it would have been nice if Vorsteiner would just simply send the replacement since it was a quality control issue from their end. This is my first experience with Vorsteiner so I have no idea if this is just a fluke or if defects are common.

There is a carbon decklid available from Vorstenier but I elected not to get this. So yes, I will need to drill the Lambo decklid. Vorsteiner Wing and Visibility-img_1113-jpgVorsteiner Wing and Visibility-img_1114-jpg

Dang, that sucks.
    Volsteiner Supercharged Huracan Spyder

Update: Vorsteiner was great about sending a replacement wing quickly. I will hopefully have it installed in the next day or two and post a pic!

For the price that wing should fit perfectly!!! Send it back!

Any updates on how the install went?

You can buy the Chinese carbon ones that look exactly alike and sometimes they are perfect fitment and sometimes they are off a little. I’m curious to see if the new one you got is perfect. If not, why buy the vorsteiner name brand if it’s a pain to mount properly. I’m sure wheels boutique got it covered fast as Ben there is really on point.

I did get the replacement wing and installed it successfully. This wing was much better. The only minor issue was that one of the aluminum uprights had a hole that was only partially threaded. Fortunately the pilot hole was plenty deep and I was able to tap the remaining threads.

Vorsteiner Wing and Visibility-img_1147-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SimonC104 View Post
    nice man hey does the wing come with teh decklid or you gotta drill into your ride?
    Comes with a deck lid.
    Volsteiner Supercharged Huracan Spyder

Before after with Verona. Can barely see the very top of the wing out the rear view mirror.

So little that it isn’t even worth mentioning. I love it.

My cars:

2013 Ferrari 458 Spider
    2017 Lamborghini 580-2 Spyder

Vorsteiner Wing and Visibility

My visibility. Verona

My cars:

2013 Ferrari 458 Spider
    2017 Lamborghini 580-2 Spyder